Who wouldn’t like a well-prepared cocktail in the bar of the moment at the chosen holiday location? Your days off are to relax but also to enjoy the best local cuisine and the most refreshing drinks. Since we know that you are passionate about cocktails, too, we’ll show you a quick overview of the different types of cocktails that we can find. On the one hand we have to take into consideration at what time of the day we will take the drink. This way we differentiate between:
- Aperitifs: they are made with citrus fruit juices such as orange, tangerine, lemon, kiwi, passion fruit, grapefruit or grapes, ingredients that perfect to whet our appetite. Aperitifs are short cocktails (7-10cl) in order to not satiate us before the meal and they are characterized by a dry, semi-dry, acid or bitter flavor and a high alcohol content. An example would be a cocktail called Paradise which is made with gin, apricot brandy and orange juice.
- Cocktails between meals: In the afternoon it is possible that you feeling like having a typical mojito in its classic version (white rum, fresh lime, sugar, soda and mint) or with specific flavors or a caipirinha (cachaça, soda, brown sugar and fresh lime) so that the Brazilian rhythm can flood our body.
Moreover, according to their properties and functions we distinguish between four varieties of cocktails:
Facilitate digestion after meals because of its composition based on cherry juice, grenadine, peach, strawberry, cream, coffee, cream liqueurs or ice cream. Digestives are short cocktail (7-10 cl) of sweet flavors and with high alcohol content. Examples:
- White Russian: vodka, Kahlua (Mexican coffee liqueur), milk and whipped cream.
- Black Russian: vodka, Kahlua and coke.
2. Refreshing cocktails:
Are those in which fruit juices are the protagonists, most of them are of medium-low alcohol content or directly alcohol-free, perfect to soothe ones thirst during the summer season. Refreshing cocktails are referred to as high cocktails or long drinks (21-30 cl). Examples:
- Tequila sunrise: tequila, orange juice and grenadine.
- Sex on the beach: vodka, peach brandy, orange juice and grenadine.
- Piña colada: rum, Malibú, cream and pineapple juice.
- San Francisco (alcohol-free cocktail): orange juice, pineapple juice, peach juice and grenadine.
3. Nutritional cocktails
Prepared on the basis of mixtures rich in vitamins and proteins such as fruits, tomato, chocolate or milk, that is to say elements that help reconstitute our organism. Example:
- Bloody Mary: vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, spices and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Stimulant cocktails:
Cocktails that activate all your senses thanks to spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. Mostly hot drinks that are more typical of the winter season.
If you are enjoying a few days off in Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura, you have the chance to enjoy the best British menus and the best cocktails in all the area at Piero’s Café. We have an extensive cocktail menu to satisfy the tastes of all our customers: you will find all of the examples above and many more cocktails. Let our professionals surprise you and see it with your own eyes: we will prepare your cocktail with great care and decorative elements based on the best seasonal fruits. And, of course, with a unique flavor that will delight your palate. Also, if you have trouble deciding among the many options, we have a recommendation from our chef: Piero’s Special cocktail, made with white rum, Malibu, blue curacao, orange juice and grenadine. A toast to your holidays!